Pages


Saturday, April 23, 2011

Makeup Tutorial: Purple Smokey Eyes

By Sai

I filmed another video last night for my latest birthday haul and of course I need to wear my makeup on :P I am actually going for the "Eva Longoria look" but I decided to tweak it and use purple instead of shades of black. So here's how I looked like last night:
I got tired so I decided to just blog about this look and how you can have the same look :) Are you ready? Here we go!

Face
  1. Apply your favorite foundation. Here, I used Fashion 21's Two-way Cake Foundation. I forgot the shade because I kinda use this a lot and refill it a lot so the label had worn out :P haha. Don't forget to match the color of the foundation to your actual skin tone so it won't look fake.
  2. After your foundation, apply your favorite concealer. I used Fanny Serrano's concealer stick in Walnut. Again, find the right tone for you :)
  3. Set your foundation and concealer by applying loose powder. I applied a pressed powder from elf :)
Note: Make sure that you even out your skin tone by applying the products evenly especially on areas of your face where you have blemishes, redness or dark spots. Apply products on your neck too :)

Eyes

  1. I used the Ever Bilena eyeshadow palette in green, purple, brown and black. I used the Silver (middle eyeshadow color) on the palette as my base. At first I was really going for that Eva Longoria look.
  2. I then applied the dark purple eyeshadow on the same palette on the outer corner of my lids to contour the eyes. I also applied it on my crease then blended it out.
  3. Next, apply the black eyeshadow on the palette at the corner of your lids. Make sure that you don't dip the eyeshadow brush on the black eyeshadow too much because this eyeshadow is pretty strong. One dab on the eyeshadow will do. Apply it on the outer corner of your eyes working your way to the crease. 
  4. Blend. Blend. Blend.
  5. You can skip this step if you want but I reapplied the silver eyeshadow just to emphasize the color.
  6. With the same purple eyeshadow, I applied a thin layer of it on half of my lower lashes to open up the eyes.
  7. Highlight your eyes by applying the third eyeshadow on the palette (the one that's in line with the black eyeshadow). I don't exactly know the color of that eyeshadow but it's almost white. Put it in the inner corner of your eyes (near your tear duct) and on the other half of your lower lashline.
  8. Define your eyebrows. I used a brown eyebrow pencil on this one and coated it with a brown eyeshadow just to have that natural eyebrow look.
  9. Highlight your brows by applying the white eyeshadow on your brow bone. Concentrate on the highest ark of your eyebrows then put some on the rest of your brow bone.
  10. Apply your eyeliner. I used Fanny Serrano's black eyeliner. Put some on your upper lash line but make sure that you apply it closely to the lashes for a clean and natural looking well-defined lashes. Apply some on the outer half of your waterline.
  11. Curl your lashes.
  12. Apply mascara. I used Fashion 21's black mascara here.
Cheeks
  1. I contoured my face using elf's Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Sun Kissed.
  2. Apply your blush-on. Concentrate on the apples of your cheeks. I used Maybelline's Clear Smooth Shine-Free Blush in Fresh Coral. If you're using this one, one swipe of the brush will do. Don't over apply your blushes because you don't want to look like a walking blush on :P
Lips
  1. Since I don't have a perfect lips, I applied One Naturales' Lip Balm in Berry Delicious.
  2. Apply a nude colored lipstick
That's it! Those are the things that you need to do to achieve this look :) Hope you liked it! Share this with your friends on Facebook or click the Like button at the top of the page :) 'Til my next makeup tutorial!

View me wearing this look in my latest haul video!


Stay fab everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...