Pages


Saturday, October 22, 2011

Freeway presents Vicente Manansala

By Sai

Photo courtesy of Freeway Online
Last week, I was one of the lucky bloggers who got an invite to exclusively witness the launch of Freeway's latest collection - the Freeway Vicente Manansala inspired collection.

This is actually my second time to attend such event. My first was the F. Sionil Jose Collection and now I came to learn new things from one of our national artists for the visual arts, Vicente Manansala.

It was a very fun event because I feel like I'm getting to know the former Vicente Manansala through the stories told by his friend and his grand daughter. I can definitely say that Sir Manansala is a true lover of the arts.

When we think of painters some of us might think of canvasses, a guy (always) with a paint brush, someone who looks so far away and paints whatever he sees and someone who's so serious-looking because he needs a lot of concentration and inspiration. I used to think this way too but not anymore.

Sir Vicente Manansala is a cool guy. He is so generous. He will even give you anything you want to get from his works (or even some personal things) when you're the first person to greet him on his birthday. His studio is not just a studio, it's also the room where he entertains all his friends with joy and laughter. There's actually a lot of things that I discovered about Sir Manansala through this event. Thank you Freeway for this wonderful opportunity to get to know one of our national artists better.

Here are my shots during the event:



I also love this mouse pad from Freeway! I'm using it at home now :P I love the design!


I didn't get the chance to mingle with other fashion bloggers during the event because I came just in time for the fashion show :P But of course I had the chance to say hi to AnaGon of The Fashionista Commuter :)

Ana Gonzales of The Fashionista Commuter and I
And of course, I did not let this chance to pass me by AGAIN! At last! A photo with my idol Chuvaness! Thanks John for the photo!


Sorry for my preggy look :P I can't find a fashionably chic and preggy dress that time and I can't even wear makeup (boo)!

If you want to view the entire Vicente Manansala Collection, feel free to view the slideshow I prepared for you. This slideshow has prizes too (c/o Freeway)!



Love this post? Share your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...