Pages


Friday, April 2, 2010

Skin 101

By Sai Verano


I was cleaning my clutter this afternoon and I accidentally came across an old brochure from a direct selling company. It was handed to me as I was walking at the mall and the agent wanted me to become their beauty agent too. Because being enrolled in a direct selling beauty company is not my primary business that time, I just asked the agent if I can have the brochure and review their product first. So that’s the reason why I got that brochure. I will actually throw it away and then I browsed the brochure to check if there’s something I can share to my readers.


I was correct! There was something I can share to my readers about some FAQs in taking care of your skin. I hope you can relate to this article from the brochure.
Why is exfoliating important and what are its benefits to my skin?

Exfoliation involves the removal of old dead cells on the skin’s outermost surface, and has been used for many years to help maintain the skin and improve blood circulation. As the skin grows, it casts off dead skin. These dead cells block the pores, cause blackheads, and make skin surface look dull. Exfoliation gently removes these dead cells and reveals new, softer, clearer, and glowing skin.

What causes pimples and how can I fight them?

A pimple starts when the pores in the skin become clogged with a type of oil called sebum, which normally lubricates the skin and hair. To help prevent breakouts and clear them up as fast as possible, you need to wash your face no more than twice a day with warm water and a mild soap made for people with acne. Gently massage your face with circular motions. Don’t scrub. Over-washing and scrubbing can cause skin to become irritated.

When it comes to ageing, it seems like a losing battle. How do I combat the effects of ageing?

Anti-ageing doesn’t have to mean turning to cosmetic surgery. If you really want to look younger and stay healthy, here are ten anti-ageing tips:
1.       Quit smoking.
2.       Protect your skin from the sun.
3.       Eat fresh vegetables, fruits, and whole grains.
4.       Get plenty of vitamins C and E.
5.       Sleep at least 8 hours every night.
6.       Moisturize and exfoliate.
7.       Exercise regularly.
8.       Avoid alcoholic drinks.
9.       Stress less.
10.   Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily.
If you would like to add something to this article, feel free to drop a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...