Pages


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lucy Torres-Gomez and her secrets to sustaining youth

By Sai

It’s impossible for a Filipino to not know Lucy Torres-Gomez. I can still recall that she was a model for a shampoo brand (Lux) before she became acquainted with Richard Gomez. After a few years she became Lucy Torres-Gomez and, for me, she gave Richard Gomez the reason to settle down. Now, she’s not just Richard’s wife, she’s also a caring mother to their daughter and the beautiful congresswoman of Ormoc, Leyte.

Lucy Torres-Gomez is actually one of my local celebrity idols. She exudes the perfect aura of womanhood and sophisticatio. If you’ll look at her you might think of the same thing I ask every time I see her on TV: “How does she do that? How does she stay young, fresh and beautiful as ever?” Lucy is actually in her somatopausal age just like most of us but we just can’t see it.

Somatopausal age begins in your late 20s when the physical signs of aging shows. It is also characterized by a decrease of one’s vigor and vitality.

“Emotionally you sweat the small stuff less, you are less hard on yourself. You can be deliciously unapologetic about your choices. But while women my age are past the insecurities of youth, we are also faced with the realities of aging,” Lucy says.

No matter how she looks like a goddess she’s a typical person too. Aside from the early signs of aging sprouting everywhere from your forehead and all over your face, slower metabolism is also a sign of the somatopausal age.

During an interview with Lucy she said, “Unless you have a regular fitness regimen, a slower metabolism is not just a figment of your imagination, it is the norm. And if in your teens or early 20s you can survive with very little or no sleep, lack of rest at this age will immediately manifest its unflattering effects on the skin and energy level.”

Lucy shares the choices she made in dealing with aging:

REGULAR INTAKE OF ANTIOXIDANT-RICH VITAMINS

Lucy never forgets to take her vitamins and supplements especially now that she’s the newly elected congresswoman of Ormoc, Leyte. Aside from the fact that she regularly appears in our favourite TV shows she’s also busy with her own family. Her busy schedule even prompted her to take her multivitamin supplement – Immuvit.

“Immuvit is my health partner, especially now that my schedule is more hectic. I find it convenient because you just take it daily, and you already and reap the benefits of the good it does for your optimum health and looks,” she says.

I was one of the chosen few to attend the Immuvit event few weeks ago and I also discovered the magic of Immuvit for us especially those in their somatopausal age. Immuvit is the only multivitamin supplement in the market that contains CoQ10 and two ginsengs – Korean RPC Ginseng and Siberian Ginseng. You can view my article about that event here.

CoQ10 is an antioxidant that helps protect the body against the damages caused by free radicals. It helps maintain cell growth and maintenance as well as boost the immune system. Korean RPC Ginseng and Siberian Ginseng, meanwhile, help revitalize the body and increase its resistance and fatigue.

It also contains a host of essential vitamins and minerals such as Selenium, an antioxidant that protects cells from oxidation; Panthotenic Acid that helps in cell regeneration; Molybdenum, which helps the body break down toxins; and Chromium, which helps in the digestion of carbohydrates and fats.

STICKING TO A FITNESS REGIMEN

We know Lucy as the dancing goddess of TV5. Aside from taking her multivitamin supplement regularly Lucy enjoys the benefit of dancing – helping her maintain her “vavavoom” figure.

“I am lucky that I found a fitness regimen that does not feel like a chore at all. When I dance or do yoga, I feel like a child again, totally carefree and energized. I feel so good about myself and my life and circumstances that I actually feel I can take on anything,” she says.

As a dancer, I understand why Lucy keeps on coming back to dancing ;)

A DIET RICH IN FRUITS AND VEGETABLES

With all the junk foods around convenience stores and to-go meals we tend to forget to watch what we eat. Lucy says, “I watch what I eat, generally speaking, but I do allow myself small mercies like an occasional cheat day where I eat what I want to eat, like chicharon bulaklak, chips, white bread, white rice, pizza, and chocolates.”

Lucy’s diet usually includes brown rice, vegetables, fruits and a healthy snack when she feels hungry.

“For full meals, I eat what I want, just in appropriate portions. I once read that our stomach is just about the size of a big fist and each time we eat, we are supposed to also put just that much food in it. I try to think of that when I am tempted to go on a binge. I also try to eat fruits first. I read that they have to be consumed first, because they are easier to digest,” she says.

A GOOD ATTITUDE

Though you’re doing all the stuffs mentioned above it will all boil down to nothing if you don’t have the right attitude towards health and fitness. Having a positive attitude will help you go through tough times in life. Health and fitness is not for vanity purposes only. It’s the bonus of having a healthy body and an active lifestyle.

As Lucy herself acknowledges, feeling good is as vital as looking good, and it now comes as no surprise why she goes through her somatopause stage with a level of exuberance that is akin to what she had in her younger years. She feels as energized as ever, and as most of us may observe, as youthful-looking, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...