Pages


Tuesday, February 14, 2012

REVIEW: Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

By Sai
Maybelline New York's Baby Lips Lip Balm
As promised, I will review the new Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm. I was really excited to review this product when I first heard of it. I have seriously chappy lips and I need something to cure it. I've tried some lip balms in the market but this one really works for me :)

PROS:





  • Nice packaging. I got the pink one since it's my favorite color. I was really torn which color to choose when I was at the Maybelline stall in SM Department Store. I have one question to those who've tried all variants, does the color make any difference?
  • Very cheap. This product is so cheap! It only costs P79.00, which for me is very affordable for a product that really works well :)
  • Convenience. When I say convenience, I am pertaining to how handy the product is and that it is readily available in beauty stores. This product is available in SM Department Stores and in your local beauty stores.
  • Really works well. I noticed that I lessened chapped lips when I used this product. I am actually using it everyday and I'm loving it! Even my husband noticed my new kissable lips *winks*
  • It smells good!
CONS:


  • As mentioned above, I was a bit confused choosing which color/variant should I get. I got the Anti-Oxidant one though.
  • The packaging mentioned that this product can cure your chapped lips for 8 hours. I beg to disagree. It only lasted 5 hours on my end but I believe it will have different effects on different people. Since I have a "major-major" chappy lips 5 hours is the longest the product can help me so I need to reapply at least every 4 hours or 5 hours.
TIPS:
  • After waking up in the morning, I notice that there are dead skin cells on my lips but they are somehow smoother than the usual dead skin cells I get before applying this lip balm. What I do is that I use my hand or my toothbrush to gently exfoliate my lips. Remember that when you're using your adult toothbrush, make sure that you do gentle strokes. It's best that you use a kid's toothbrush when exfoliating your lips because of its soft bristles.
So here's the before and after photo of my lips. See for yourself :)


3 comments:

  1. parang lipice ba sya? may color pag nilagay n sa lips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. light ba ung feeling... ung ibang mga lip balms kasi like nivea have a heavy feeling to the lips that is uncomfortable and I hate it.. I like lipice since it is like and smells so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does not give color or tint to your lips.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...