Pages


Friday, November 9, 2012

Freeway x Botong Francisco


FASHION BLOG: Hey ladies! I've been quite busy with work since Monday and I owe you so many things! One of the things that I always plan to blog but I always end up blogging a different topic is this event that I attended last month. I was lucky enough to be one of the chosen fashion bloggers to cover and witness the new collection by Freeway before anybody could see it in their stores. I feel so happy that I've followed their National Artist Colletor's Series for two or three years now. This year Freeway is paying tribute to the greatest muralist in the country, Mr. Carlos "Botong" V. Francisco through their latest Holiday 2012 Collection.

About the Artist

Before I tell you about the collection, I want you to know who Botong Francisco is. Again, I have to be honest with you. I don't know him but I am thankful to Freeway for educating people like me about our National Artists through their designs. I was amazed when Freeway presented who Botong was. His works are fantastic! No wonder he was considered as the country's greatest muralist! His works are full of life because of the vibrant colors that he used in his paintings. When I found out that he is from Angono, Rizal I feel so proud. I am also from Rizal and he's definitely one to be looked upon. I admire him for staying in Angono, Rizal. This only proves that you don't have to be in the "metro" or in a very popular place just to be recognized.

His works are mostly about culture, how people live in his place, their traditions and what not. Some of his famous works are Blood Compact, First Mass at Limasawa, The Martyrdom of Rizal, Bayanihan, Magpupukot, Fiesta, Bayanihan sa Bukid, Sandugo, Portrait of Purita, The Invation of Limahong, Serenade and Muslim Bethoral. Because of his outstanding work, he was awarded as one of the Philippines' National Artist for Visual Arts in 1973.

About the Collection

I personally love this collection! I was sitting beside Ruth, a fellow blogger and friend, during the fashion show and we're both making comments on every piece as it hits the spotlight. We're talking about how beautiful the fabrics are and how the pieces can be worn both at the office and on a casual day.

The collection is composed of tailored dresses and tops in woven poplins and soft fabrics like chiffon. You can see some of the pieces that I really love from this collection. My camera's battery died during the event, which is just great (sarcastic), so I asked my dear friend, John, also a fellow blogger at Kumag Cow if I can borrow his photos and he said yes so you'll see his beautiful shots below.






Here's the entire Freeway Holiday 2012 Collection







Hope I infected you with some sense of nationalism, art and fashion in this post. Want to say anything about this post? I would love to see your comments below.

Don't forget to follow me!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...