Pages


Friday, November 16, 2012

Santa Claus is coming to town


Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas! Yes! It's that time of the year again to reward those who have been nice for the whole year! Christmas is really on it's way to town and I can feel it! Don't you?

Every year we start to get that Christmassy vibes when we start to see beautiful lights twinkling on trees, houses or buildings. We start to hear Christmas songs and we start to plan for our Christmas parties. In the metro, Araneta Center officially kicks off the gift giving season through their annual Tree Lighting Event, which was held last November 9, 2012. It has been a tradition and it will always be that giant tree you see as you shop around Gateway Mall.


I was invited by my dear friend, Kath, to witness the Belen Lighting event today but unfortunately I cannot come. I think this is the COD that I use to watch when I was still a little girl together with my mom and my Titos and Titas. See? Araneta Center has always been part of my Christmas! :)

Speaking of Christmas, bazaars are pretty much every where! I just love this season because there's so many sales, right? Big discounts for everybody (hurray)! There's a Parolan bazaar in Farmers Garden starting today where you can buy Puto Bumbong, which has been one of our Christmas symbols. There will also be a Pre-Christmas Sale at Araneta Center on November 23 to December 2! Oh, I can't wait to go there and see what I can get. There was actually one time when I was one of the bazaar participants in Gateway Mall way back 2009 but that was organized by students from Ateneo. I just wish they'll have more so I can participate again. I love bazaars!

Of course, the Christmas vibes would not be complete if there's no Christmas carol! I remember when I use to treat is an annual business amongst my childhood friends (hahaha!). There will be a Chorale competition, also in Araneta Center, from November 17 to December 23 and a fireworks display every Friday and Saturday throughout the Holiday. Ethan would love this! I'm just so excited for my son's first Christmas celebration! You can also bring your kids to watch Disney Princesses on ice! I've never been to one and I'm planning to bring my son with me this year. You can buy your tickets through www.ticketnet.com.ph or call 911-5555 for inquiries.

To those who are in the Belen Lighting event now, have fun guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...