Pages


Monday, June 14, 2010

My first professional makeup kit

By Sai

I have resisted shopping for the past two months but I guess I really can't help it. This week I bought too many things. Some are clothes; some are gifts and most are makeups.
My first professional makeup kit

I started thinking of becoming a freelance makeup artist since last month. Finally I am making my dreams come true! All I know are the basics in makeup application. All I have before is my foundation, concealer, pressed powder, a few eye shadows and my lipstick pallete. My basic makeup kit cannot accommodate the work of a makeup artist. So I decided to make everything official.

I started reading about makeup and makeup applications online and they’re a big help! I also plan to participate in a workshop by Dollface. This will be a good foundation for me.

I first familiarized myself with brushes. Before, all I have is this brush that I don’t even know the use. I just know that it’s a brush, that’s it! As I was reading articles about makeup brushes, I was shocked! There are different kinds of brushes to my surprise! So I went to SM Dept. Store to look for a makeup brush kit.
This is my mini professional brush kit by Fanny Serano
Luckily I found a mini-makeup brush kit just for a start. At least I have the right kind of brushes in my kit. I am still trying to complete my eye shadow palette. I recently bought a matte eye shadow as my base at Bobbi Brown. Though it’s really pricey for an eye shadow I just think of it as an investment. Someday I’ll have big clients and good quality makeup kit is a must!
These are my Bobbi Brown eye shadows and corrector.
Right now, I’m still advertising my freelance makeup service to my friends. I’m doing this professionally today. I have my online portfolio at saiverano.multiply.com but I still have to update it though. If you know anyone who needs a makeup artist please refer them to me. You can reach me at 0916.970.6827.

I currently have a promo or mini-photo shoot for models who want to update their modeling portfolio. Details are posted here. Photos will include head shots and half-body shots only. My problem right now is that I don't have the venue for the mini photo shoot. I hope someone can suggest a nice place around the metro. I am thinking of UP Diliman but I still have to think about it :P I hope I can find a venue soon :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...