Pages


Saturday, December 18, 2010

Kimberly-Clark Health Care on Healthcare-Associated Infections

By Sai

I'm pretty sure you're aware of some Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs). I've watched some documentaries about this locally and internationally and knowing the "I freak out easily" part of me, I (somehow) am afraid to go to healthcare clinics. I think it's natural for me to feel that way since I only have one life to live and I don't want any healthcare facilities to screw it up. In the Philippines, we have The Medical City and St. Luke's Medical Center to assist us with our healthcare needs. Just last week my grandfather was confined at St. Luke's Medical Center and we're happy with their service. If not for them, my Lolo (grandfather) might have suffered to something more serious.

Not On My Watch Campaign by Kimberly-Clard Health Care
I don't know that the setting in the United States is but I'm very happy that Kimberly-Clark emailed me about their initiative to put an end to HAI problems. They recently launched their "Not on My Watch" Campaign. It's their initiative to help other healthcare facilities (including clinics, and maybe hospitals too) to spread awareness about the importance of HAI prevention. I think it's a great idea to influence other organizations to implement preventive measures about HAI because at the end of the day it's all for us - their patients.


I browsed their website and I found out about three types of HAI. I'm not a medical student but I love reading stuff like this. In a way, I am being educated and that's what I love about the website. It's not only for people in the medical field but also for people like me who just wants to understand different things around me. Apparently, we might be infected by other diseases through:

I handled a campaign like this before but it's for The Medical City and I'd like to help Kimberly-Clark with this one too. By the way, they have this donation thing on their website and I hope you can help them support medical advancements through educating people, research and safety initiatives and they will even give scholarships, educational tool kits, webinars and conferences in the long run. Remember, this is all for us. Help spread this great news to your family and friends by sharing this post in your Facebook accounts. You can even tweet this post if you want. Helping is not just about giving money, it's also about doing your part to spread awareness about Kimberly-Clark's "Not on My Watch" Campaign. For more information you can visit their site at http://haiwatchnews.com/#hai.
Stay pretty, fab and healthy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...