Pages


Monday, April 18, 2011

First ever 4G mobile technology in the Philippines

By Sai
Let's admit it, Internet connection is a bit crappy here in the Philippines compared to the connection that we can get when we're in USA. Free WiFi access is also not that good. We can't do anything but deal with this scenario. For a net savvy lady like me, Internet connection acts as my blood. Yes, I'm a net junkie and I love learning a lot of stuff through reading blogs, news articles, reviews and watching videos. My net connection sometimes disappoints me :(

I'm so glad when I found out about Globe's 4G mobile technology. This 4G mobile technology is available in Marikina, Quezon City, Makati, Pasay, Las Piñas, Taguig and the City of Manila. At the moment, this technology is limited to these areas only but it will soon be available in our own towns (Pasig City pleaaaseeeeeee! hahaha). I'm really excited to try this one because we're a mobile and net savvy market! Many of us are using phones that enables us to check-in in our foursquare accounts, Facebook, Twitter and even our own emails!


Convenience is king (Well, just trying to replace "content is king" in this case)! I know you'll agree with me. It's cool when we can check our email and download attachments faster! If we'll look at it in a business point-of-view, if our net connection is fast then we can attend to a lot of business matters in a short period of time especially now that most businesses are also spending a lot of time and money in customer service through their Facebook pages and emails sent by customers.

It's a good thing I'm a Globe user so I'm so proud of my mobile network for this new product that we can all benefit from! Since April 2009, Globe has been developing different plans for their subscriber to establish this 4G footprint in the country with industry leading availability of WiMAX.

Are you ready for HSPA+?

Yeah, having the plus sign makes me want to say "Whoa!" It gives us download speed of up to 21 Mbps. With HSPA+ subscribers will experience low latency, high peak rates, better multimedia upload, high-speed web browsing and faster streaming and downloads.

Oooh! I can't wait for this technology to be available! How about you? Does this excite you? What do you hate about the current Internet connection that you have that makes you want to try this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...