Pages


Monday, January 2, 2012

BEAUTY AND STYLE: Jinkee Pacquiao for Mega Magazine

By Sai
Jinkee Pacquiao for MEGA Magazine
Earlier, I saw this photo. Thanks to Jen of Shop Girl Jen for tweeting about it! I just can't help but admire and be disappointed at the same time.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THIS COVER

  • The hair
  • The outfit
WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THIS COVER
  • It kinda promotes fake beauty
  • Super edited model
  • Jinkee's pose
I mean, don't get me wrong! I don't have anything against Jinkee Pacquiao. I see her point in going through all these cosmetic surgeries but WTH is this? This is just so fake!

Same goes to Charice Pempengco who posed for Preview Magazine. Look at her below.

Charice Pempengco for Preview Magazine
I had a hard time guessing who made it to the cover. That only shows how I should applaud the one who edited her photo. I don't have anything against her too. I'm also her fan but I'm just not an advocate of fake beauty. With fake beauty I mean too much editing. I feel like what's the point of capturing someone's face using the lens if you're going to make them look like a different person (unless they're your inspiration for a cartoon show maybe). I hope you get my point.

I'm so disappointed but they both look great in these covers though. So there you go! What do you think about these covers?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...