Pages


Tuesday, March 20, 2012

REVIEW: Four-step smoky eyes palette by The Body Shop

By Sai
Four-step smoky eyes palette by The Body Shop
Smoky eyes are one of the most sought-after looks for ladies. You can wear this during parties and special events at night and you can even wear it during the day (try wearing brownish shades and create that beautiful smoky eyes). Check out my product review of The Body Shop's 4-step smoky eyes eye shadow palette in Silver Black.

This palette was given by The Body Shop when I attended their Winter Makeup Trend Event last December 2011. I tried it right away and even used it on my mom's eyes when she performed in her gym's Christmas party. You can check out my makeup tutorial about this one here. So, here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
  • It's easy to use and easy to apply.
  • All the colors that you need to get the perfect silver and black smoky eyes.
  • I love the silver eye shadow! It has some shimmer on it so it's perfect for evening events. Your eyes will surely be noticed.
  • It comes with its own eye shadow applicator. No need to buy separate brushes to apply the products on your eyes.
  • Surprisingly, it has a little black eyeliner inside! Yes, I am amazed because (so far) this is the only palette that I've seen with an eyeliner inside ;) That's an instant add on for you!
  • I love the packaging. It's not misleading and it does show what you have to expect from the palette. It has a photo of a black smoky eye.
  • It has a big mirror inside the palette. The size of the mirror is quite big compared to other quad eyeshadows that I've seen before. You'll enjoy the wide mirror because you can really see your entire eye.
  • Of course, this product was not tested to animals (big grin) :D
Con:
  • I don't like the consistency of the silver eyeshadown. Honestly, I was surprised when I first used it. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be something creamy. If not, then I got a damaged product :(
Here's the color anatomy of this palette: 


  • Eyeshadow 1 is in Ice White Base
  • Eyeshadow 2 is in Charcoal Black
  • Eyeshadow 3 is in Marble Grey
  • Eyeshadow 4 is the Silver Highlighter
Will I repurchase?

Of course! I will! I also recommend this for people who's always on the go and who love to wear a smokey eye makeup to the office or to a special event. This palette is very handy and you can make touch-ups anytime :) It's also practical to purchase palettes like this one than buying single eyeshadows especially if you're just beginning to collect makeup. It's a smart investment :)

Hope you like this review :) If you have any suggestion for my next review or article, feel free to email them at fashionbysai@gmail.com :) Ciao everyone! 'Til my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...