Pages


Thursday, April 17, 2014

What's your happiness?


Happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being characterized by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. - Wikipedia
Happiness is such a broad word and maybe something that's hard to define. The definition of happiness varies from one person to another. I recently tweeted about Pharrell Williams' "Happy" song and I just feel that it's the perfect definition of happiness. It did not give an exact and concrete definition though but the feeling that it gives you while listening to the song will definitely make you smile. I'm imagining it as a McDonald's song, if you know what I mean.




So, what's happiness for me? It would be my family, particularly my son. I'm currently a stay-from-home mom and taking good care of Ethan is my job. I love seeing him grow and the super quality time we spend together. I love cooking for him and playing with him. Though sometimes I get injured because, believe me, boys do have a weird way of playing. As far as I can remember, when I was a kid (as a girl) I would so content with my dolls. My son loves physical playing like wrestling and the occasional biting game. I love teaching him the alphabet. We're currently from A-E.





I also love being a wife to my husband. Now that I'm a full-time mom, I get to really cook for him and iron his clothes. I feel like I'm living the the 70s or even earlier than that during the time when ladies are still ladies, if you know what I mean. Old school mom. I should probably wear an apron more often. Haha!


One thing that really makes me happy right now is really doing what I love to do - playing with my makeup and blogging. I told Tiger that I need something to keep my mind working. Writing is one of my passions but I'm not really good at it. I'm glad that I see myself improving in this field. Thus, I'm currently contributing beauty and fashion articles at The Philippine Online Chronicles and I will be celebrating my 1st anniversary with them. I would like to give a shout out to my beautiful and talented editor, Ali. I know I'm not the best writer in our team especially with timing and you are just the awesome-st editor ever!





I'm also spending more time in my YouTube channel. As you have probably observed, I try to produce videos every week. I don't still have a regular day for uploads but I see to it that I have at least 1 video up at FashionBySai TV every week. I started YouTube in 2010 but I never got the chance to actually focus on it. Now that I have all the time in the world, I'm happy that my subscribers are growing and comments are starting to pour in.


Overall, I'm happy because I get to live the life I have always dreamed of. Being a good mom and wife and following what my heart truly desires. I guess that's what I learned from too much Walt Disney movies when I was a kid.

Here are some happy quotes that I want to share to fire up those positive vibes.

No one is in-charge of your happiness except YOU.
Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think. - Buddha
Think of all the beauty left around you and be happy.
Follow your heart and happiness will follow. - Michael Lee
I hope this somehow brightens your day. Take that frown off your face. It's making you ugly. Stay happy and beautiful inside and out.

Love,
Sai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...