Pages


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

ON SAVING THE ENVIRONMENT: Estero de Paco

By Sai

It's really nice to be involved in our government's, as well as private institutions', efforts in saving our environment. I remember participating in Pepsi's Sarap Magbago Campaign last 2009 where we went to Nasugbu, Batangas in the Hamilo Coast for the coastal cleanup. It was very fulfilling! It's nice to know that I can somehow offer my help in initiatives like this in my own little way.

Today, I read this article about Estero De Paco. I actually don't know where it's located, and I have never been there but I saw it's before and after photo and I must commend those who made this possible.



Did you see that? It's really a big improvement. Wait until you see this one:
Because of the article, I read from the Lopez Link I was educated. Estero de Paco used to flow directly to Pasig River (oh, my dear city's river!) and because of civilization (Why is it that we have to disgust our environment? I don't think this is directly proportional! Being civilized means being responsible and dumping garbage in ANY bodies of water is a crime!) it became one of the major contributors to the destruction of Pasig River.

I am not part of this clean up project, but I AM VERY INTERESTED in joining this initiative. I hope we all do our share not only for Estero de Paco but for all bodies of water. We have one planet and one life to live. We should be responsible enough to know what to do with our candy wrapper, cigarette butts and plastic cups. Let's do our share. Let's help save the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...