Pages


Monday, November 8, 2010

Faith’s Wedding Day last 10-10-10

By Sai

This is my first time to do a wedding makeup. Honestly, I was very nervous at first. Good thing we had a trial makeup for the bride. I was so glad that the wedding coordinator liked my natural makeup on Faith. I did a lot of research on this just to make sure (this is part of the “I’m so nervous part”). I found out that you really have to make the bride’s makeup as natural as possible. I decided to use earthy tones on Faith. She already has a pretty face so what I did was I just enhanced her natural beauty. She has an oval face so I had to contour her face to make her cheekbones visible. This was the result of our trial makeup.
Mrs. Faith Lao
On her wedding day, the next challenge for me was what type of makeup would suit her bride maids and her maid-of-honor as well as her mothers (biological and her mother-in-law) hahaha! Her wedding revolved around two colors: brown and green. I can’t use brown since I will that as the bride’s color. I actually want a light yet dramatic (but not too dramatic) eyes for the other ladies. I have Meredith Monroe’s makeup in Dawson’s Creek during the prom night episode in mind. It was thinking of a fairy-like makeup for them.

I used a light green eye shadow and a dark green eye shadow for their eyes. I also highlighted their brows and cheeks with a metallic beige eye shadow too :P Call that resourcefulness hahahaha! So far, the ladies liked my green-eye concept. Oh by the way, I met two new friends in the wedding. They are from Malaysia – Margaret and Sarah :) Check out their photos below:
Sarah Hoe
Margaret Hoe
For Faith’s mother, Tita Emma, I made her eyes really dramatic. I want her eyes to really pop so I decided to use a very light blush on and nude lipstick on her :) So far, she looked like a queen :)
Faith's mom
5 hours of straight makeup = back ache hahaha but it’s okay. I had fun! I like the feeling of being part of someone else’s wedding :) Honestly, there was a moment during Faith and Sam’s (the groom) wedding where I cried :P Yeah, I was so touched by their “Thank you to my parents” speech. I envisioned myself and my dad on my own wedding day (like that’s going to happen haha) :P
AJ Sercado - Faith's bestfriend. She looks like Venus Raj
Oh well, I hope you had fun with my Sam and Faith wedding experience :) If you need a makeup artist for your wedding (or any occasion) too, don’t hesitate to contact me at 0916-9706827 or email me at joylynsayson@gmail.com ;) Naks! Plugging! I want to blog about your wedding too ;)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...