Pages


Sunday, June 8, 2014

No More Bad Hair Day

no more bad hair day

Having a bad hair day is the same as having a breakout on your first date. It's one of those days where I don't want to go out simply because my hair's unmanageable. Who's with me?

As the title of this post tells you, it's not my problem anymore. All thanks to Ahglow Professionel! They have invited me to try their products through their unique hair rebonding process. I was hesitant at first because I love my curls and I was actually planning to curl it again this month. I even consulted my husband if he thinks straight hair will compliment the shape of my face. I was so afraid to end up looking like a siopao with straight hair (if you know what I mean :P).

Because I'm one adventurous lady, I said yes and went to their HQ with lots of prayers. Yes! I did! ^_^

This is my hair and bad hair days are not so new to me. My hair is naturally wavy.

IMG_1240

The Ahglow Team first tested my hair if it can handle the chemicals they're going to apply to it. It is very important that your hair stylist will do this because I've heard too many hair rebonding horror stories from my friends and from salons where I usually get my nails done.

Before anything else, please excuse my last natural hair #selfie.

hair selfie

Ahglow has a 5-step hair rebonding process, which I will discuss one-by-one.

First, they applied the Ahglow Straightening Cream. This is the product that will straighten your hair. What I personally love about this is that it does not have any bad odor. The Ahglow Straightening Cream is also infused with keratin which a rebonded hair needs. 

IMG_1250

After about 20 minutes, they washed my hair thoroughly and sprayed their Keratin Hair Protek on my hair. This will protect your hair from any damage from applying heat directly to it. After making sure that my hair has its shield, they went on and blow dried and straightened my hair using their Ahglow Gold Titanium Straightening Iron. Oh! I love this flat iron and once it's available I'm going to buy one. It's very lightweight and even non-pros can use this one at home.

IMG_1263

IMG_1270

IMG_1256

Then, they applied the Ahglow Neutralizer Cream. This will hold my new straight hair for the rest of my life. No! Kidding! I mean, for a long time. After coating my hair with the neutralizer, they wrapped it using a cellophane for another 20 minutes or so.

IMG_1277

IMG_1253

This is the knot test. They use this method to check if your hair is ready for the next step in the rebonding process.

IMG_1262

Of course, while waiting, I took a photo of what I wore, at least the bottom part, because I just love my look that day. Too bad I don't have someone to take my OOTD shots so please bear with me. The lady's bored. :P

IMG_1255

They took me for another wash. They used Kerafix, another Ahglow Professionel product. They used the Deep Moisturizing Treatment Shampoo and Deep Moisturizing Treatment Conditioner on my hair. Kerafix is specifically made for people with rebonded hair. It has Keratin which a treated hair needs to keep it healthy and shiny.

Then, they blow dried my hair and here's the awesome finale!

IMG_1286

I love what they did to my hair. I was afraid that my hair will look like a stick but they did an amazing job! My hair is straight with volume and really compliments my chubby face. My hair is soft and shiny. I have observed that some of my friends with rebonded hair has a shiny and beautiful hair from afar but when you touch it, their hair feels like a thread. It's stiff. I also love the fact that my hair smells nice even after the treatment. It actually smells like Sampaguita.

I get a lot of compliments with my new hair and look. Now you know what happened. I wake up every day with a smile because my hair is always ready to party. Thank you Ahglow Professionel for a new Sai. You guys are amazing!

IMG_1292

Group selfie with the Ahglow Professionel Team and fellow blogger Angelyn Demo.

IMG_1293

What do you think of my new look?

P.S. Please excuse my awesome zits in the photos. I forgot that I have them when I scheduled my visit to Ahglow's HQ so, yeah, there they are. To all hair stylists out there, you can get the right training on how to rebond your client's hair properly for free. Visit Ahglow Professionel's Facebook page to find out more about the schedules and how to join.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...