Pages


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Fashionista supports Yuoy and OPM

By Sai
Yuoy!
It's sad that most of us love foreign music more than we love our local artists and local music. I've been a supporter of OPM since high school. I was once a foreign artist lover when I was in grade school. I love BSB, NSYNC, Westlife, Britney Spears, etc. Oh! I remember the 90s! Hahaha! But when I was in high school, my friends influenced me a lot in exploring the local music scene. They are lovers of Parokya ni Edgar, Side A, True Faith, JayR, Kyla and other local artists. From then on, I started appreciating OPM.

The Fashionista was invited to Project Head Shot Clinic's Yuoy! Photo Shoot at Ronac Art Center last February 22, 2011. Yuoy! is the latest song by Q-York, an independent hip hop group. As I am writing this post, I am listening to their music, Mainit, and I must admit! It's really nice! I feel like I'm listening to an original soundtrack of Step Up 3D. Oha? That's how talented they are!
This is Chelo Aestrid - the apple of my eye at the shoot! I really like her style. Will blog about her soon!

I got the chance to interview Q-York at the photo shoot and they told us, the bloggers, the story behind the expression "Yuoy!" When you're in the USA, people would always greet you with "hey" or "yo" but when you're here in the Philippines we say "yun oh" and "hoy!" It was an accidental expression made my DJ Flavamatikz of Q-York. I'm not a good singer but here's something that you should know about me - I'm a dancer! Hahaha, now you're really getting to know me better hahaha :P

I'm actually a student in All Stars Dance School but not a regular attendee though. I go there when I have some spare time to dance the night away :P Now, I have to pop this question: who wants to dance with me? Let's try to do a dance video for Yuoy! Whatcha think? Let's dance!

Here's some behind the scene photos at the photo shoot. Of course, of course! This won't be possible without the talented hands and photography skills of Niccolo Cosme.
Hi there Nic!

My friend, Gian, did our makeup ;)
Interviewing artists at the shoot
First time to see Champ in flesh! I was like this @_@! hahaha
Not my finest moment and photo with Champ but wth! He's so cute! haha
Playing with the camera :P
My turn!
I'm with JayR!
This is after the shoot! We want more so we did these poses hahaha
I hope that you'll support Yuoy! too as well as other OPM artists and albums ;) Here's one of my favorite tracks from Q-York



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...