Pages


Sunday, September 16, 2012

OFFBEAT: How to file your taxes


Hey guys, what's up? Heads up! This article is not in any way fashion or beauty-related. I just stumbled upon it and thought that you might want to know about this one. I know that we all have taxes - basically our hard earned money that we "contribute" to the government to serve us and make our lives easier. Well, that's the ideal setup but I don't really want to talk about "politics" here since I believe it's too heavy and too offbeat for my blog. So, today I want to share with you a site that can help you file your taxes.

Filing taxes is tedious, right? I haven't tried filing it myself and I don't have any plans to do it. My taxes are being filed by my employer and that's it. If you're filing your taxes all by yourself you should have all the knowledge in taxation like are you qualified for tax exemptions, how much would be your tax, under what percentage is your income and stuff like that. There are also individual persons who do this for a living. My taxation professor also taught our class everything we need to know about filing taxes because there's a possibility that we can earn from it. Very good!

If you're self-employed or if you just want to try an easier way to compute for your taxes I think you should try Turbo Tax. It is a site that helps you calculate your taxes. Although this site is available only in the US and Canada. I wish there's something like this in the Philippines too. Life would be much easier!


In the Philippines we have BIR (Bureau of Internal revenue) and its counter-part in the US is the IRS (Internal Revenue Service). They are both responsible in collecting and enforcing tax laws. I think there's an IRS extension form 2011 available in Turbo Tax. Oh! By the way, if you're confused with taxes you can always check this link that I found regarding tax FAQ.

Going back to Turbo Tax, they guarantee the biggest tax refund. I guess it's because of their claim that they have 100% accurate calculations. They do intensive research and check if there are errors in your taxes to be filed so you'll have the biggest deductions. Sounds pretty good to me! I really wish there's something like this here.

Since the majority of my readers are also from the US and Canada, I hope that you learned something from this post. Have questions? Feel free to comment below. I'll try to answer them as much as I can :)!

♥♥♥ Don’t forget to follow me! ♥♥♥  

RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...