Pages


Saturday, June 4, 2011

Goodbye, Jennifer

By Sai
Geez! I'm so sad right now :( Our dear dog, Jennifer, died because of giving birth. It was my first time to experience our pet dying. I mean, I lost my puppies before (Yumi's) but it was because my mom gave them away (major boo!). Jennifer died on June 4, 2011 around 2 to 3pm :(

This is the toy that Jennifer used to play with

Jennifer is actually not ours but somehow she got used to going to our house and eventually became our pet. She's so nice and she will really kill if she sees someone unknown to her going inside our house. Oh my! I'm crying now :'( Jennifer is my dad's best friend! You know how much I love my dad and I really value anyone or anything that he values and loves - and Jennifer is part of that!

I'm always out of the house doing event coverage, organizing our own events, attending to my makeup gigs and doing a lot of stuff and I admit I really can't find time to just stay at home (especially during weekends) to bond with Daddy Yoe. Jennifer took my place. I can see how she takes care of my dad in her own way :) She plays with my dad and every time I'm in the house I can see how close she is to my dad!

Now that she's gone, I will forever miss her while she's waiting for me to go home at 2am (gee, I'm crying!). I will forever miss her lying in our living room while I'm cleaning the house. I will miss her barks late at night while she's trying to frighten passers by. I will forever miss her cute tail as she's wagging them every time I say, "Jennifer." And I know my dad will miss her too!

It was very unfortunate that she had to suffer from giving birth. Earlier this morning, when I opened our spring door I saw her dead puppy (3rd one) and I was so sad! There was blood (or is it the placenta?) everywhere and I talked to her and I said, "Baby, patay puppy mo! :(" When I got home this afternoon from my makeup gig, I saw Jennifer and I didn't know that it'll be the last time I'm going to see her alive :( She tries to stand up but she can't walk properly (swaying motion) and we thought that it was just normal because she's still giving birth. Before I went upstairs to take my nap, I checked her and there was blood running through her you-know-what and I thought she's still in labor. True enough, her tummy is still big so we thought there's still more puppies there.

4pm - "Anak! Patay na si Jennifer :( Nasa baba mommy mo kasama si Yumi," my dad said with a sad tone as he tries to wake me up because my mom was waiting for me downstairs. My adrenaline made me sit on my bed instantly and said, "Anong nangyari daddy? :(" and daddy told me the entire story.

Apparently, Jennifer was trying to talk to my dad while I was sleeping. Maybe she's telling him that she's going to die in a few minutes. She went out of our gate, walked for a couple of seconds then went back in then went outside. My dad was looking at her. She laid down on the ground. She caught my dad's attention and then my daddy saw blood coming out of his mouth. Oh poor Jennifer! We thought everything was just normal. If only! Oh, if only!

She gave birth to Santino (I called him Santino because her mom died so soon) and right now we're taking care of him, hoping that he'll grow healthy and strong even without Jennifer (I'm crying again). 

Santino is sleeping
Santino stops crying when we put him inside my bed slippers. It's fluffy so maybe he thinks it's his mom. Poor thing :(
Earlier this evening, I went to Tiendesitas to buy Santino his milk and feeding bottle.

We prepared his milk as soon as I got home

Lactol, Santino's milk
To Jennifer:

Baby, you were loved! I know you're resting now. Sorry for the pain while you were giving birth, we didn't know what you were going through. You are a brave woman! You're a great friend! Don't worry baby, we'll take good care of your baby boy. May you rest in peace! Daddy and I loves you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...