Pages


Sunday, October 7, 2012

My Dress Me Up fashion styling experience



FASHION BLOG: I know you recognized the photo above. It was the photo that I was campaigning for almost two weeks. This photo was actually my brother and I's official styling entry to Araneta Center's Dress Me Up styling event. It was the first-ever styling event that I've attended and that I've known of ever since I started blogging. It was truly a unique, first, and one of its kind event! Unfortunately, despite all the countless, sleepless nights and an almost never-ending messages for a favor, we lost. All for nothing! But I was happy for my friends, Rhea and Mich, for winning this! Their votes are truly amazing! It was a close fight. I did everything so I guess this is just not for me (That's the reason why I don't join contests where I have to have an impossible number of likes). Enough with the contest! I have so many great things to say about the event. Read more below.

So, I was with my brother in this event. For me, that was the best part of this experience. It was our first time to work together as a "blogger/sibling" team. I was so nervous on my way to Araneta because this is my first styling event. I will be styling Bb. Pilipinas-Universe, Janine Tugonon, and my heart just won't stop pumping to the highest level! Who am I to be her stylist? Do I really have what it takes to be a stylist? How will I start styling? I really had no idea but because I'm a brave girl I just said to myself, "Keber! Carry ko 'to!" [Translation in English: "Who cares! I can do this!"]



We came in just in the nick of time. I felt like there was a huge wall between the place where we sat and the other side, where other fashion bloggers sat. I don't know why but there was no "Hi!" nor "Hello!" It was a bit awkward, you know!

We were introduced to Janine Tugonon and Enrique Nor. My brother and I agreed to have a division of work. I will style Janine and he will style Enrique. I think it was a good idea that we're different. Our team is the only blogger team with a man so I guess that's a plus factor. A man knows what a man wants. I'm so proud of my brother for what he did to Enrique's looks. It was truly fantastic and very professional, I must say!












The challenge was to dress up our models with items from participating brands such as Sebago, BAYO, People are People, Celine, SM Accessories, SM GTW, JAG and more. I guess the real challenge was to take items on sale. I guess most of you will agree with me when I say that it's really hard to get a stylish piece that's up-to-date, in the size that you want and on sale! That ate most of our time. It was hard but we pulled it off!




I hope you don't mind but I really want to brag about my work! I felt happy that every time Janine steps out of the dressing room and starts talking to people, everybody will just compliment her look! And yes! My ears clapped when I heard those praises! For a first timer, that's a huge thing! Here are some of the unforgettable statements that I received:

Ganda ng top mo! And your shoes are so nice! I love the shorts! Ang galing ng stylist mo!
(English translation: "Your top is so beautiful! And you're shoes, they're so nice! I love the shorts! Your stylist did a great job!) - From the head of Araneta Center --> We are talking about the boss here! *winks*

Looking good, girl! - From Janine's fellow Bb. Pilipinas

Oh, that one's nice! - From Janine's fellow Bb. Pilipinas

And of course, nothing beats Janine's own statement:

Magaling ka ha! Ang ganda ng mga outfits ko :)
(English translation: "You're a great stylist! My outfits really are so pretty!")

Oh my! Those were pretty words from the Araneta Center team and Janine Tugonon herself. I don't care if I did not win the styling contest. What matters is that my model and the people around us that time appreciates my work. I guess that's what you get when you're such a lurker in Chictopia and Lookbook. Believe me! There was never a day that I did not log into my account, lurk, find fashion inspirations, hype, and comment on a beautiful look. I actually noticed that I somewhat infused my own style in Janine's look. My idea for her casual and corporate looks is that she has to look modern, sophisticated and very chic.




The event was really tiring! Believe me! We went there at 10:30am and then did all the shopping and styling. No lunch at all! I did not ate breakfast when I left home so imagine how hungry my intestines are! We ate at around 3:30pm, when everything was done. Even Enrique was soooo hungry that he was almost begging for a tomato :P. I really love our models! They were so down-to-earth, nice and very funny! And, *coughs* so in love? Intrigued? Hahaha!


Here are the final looks of our models!


Hat: SM Accessories | Top: People are People | Necklace: Celine | Bangles: Celine | Shorts: People are People | Shoes: People are People

About the look: When the Araneta Team told us that we will create a casual look for our models, I instantly thought of People are People. PRP, as I call it, is actually one of my most favorite brands! Their designs are modern and chic. PRP is the best brand to get pieces for a casual look. I am a loyal PRP customer. Most of my shoes are from PRP.


Blazer: Folio (SM) | Printed sleeveless top: Folio (SM) | Clutch Bag: WWW (SM) | Earrings: WWW (SM) | Pants: Folio (SM) | Shoes: Figliarina

About the look: I want something corporate but chic for this first corporate look. Good thing I found everything that I need at the SM stand, where items sold at SM can be found. It was a big time saver for me. I was, at first, afraid about how the look would come out because I'll be mixing a printed top with a loud-colored pants. Luckily, it did work! I grabbed a black and white clutch bag so I can pair with the white blazer and gray (almost black) shoes that I got for this look. The only accessories that I have is Janine's earrings. The top is too busy for accessories so I went for a minimalistic look in this outfit.


Blazer: Folio (SM) | Black dress: People are People | Shoes: People are People | Bag: Celine | Necklace: Celine | Belt: WWW (SM) | Stackable bangles: Celine

About the look: For Janine's last corporate outfit, I decided to go for a "woman in power" look. I'm thinking of a boss, woman in control, fierce, intelligent and modern and this is what I came up with. I re-used the blazer from the first look and put a belt on the waist. It accentuated Janine's beautiful curves. I'm very happy with the little black dress that I found at People are People, which is on sale. This outfit can actually be worn on a Friday night after work. Janine just needs to take off her blazer and she's ready for the night and for the boys LOL :P. I was looking for a more subtle color for her bag but I couldn't find any so I just grabbed this purple bag. I'm so glad it blended well with her outfit. It acts as an "attention-grabber" in this look because as you can see the entire outfit was black and white. Her accessories in this look is a combination of black and gold. This gave Janine that sophisticated look. Aside from being her fashion stylist, I was also Janine's hair stylist here. I clipped her hair half at the back. I loosen it up so it will give her that modern and somewhat messy look. Something like you have no time for that perfect hair for office and you just decided to clip half of your hair at the back - effortless but it made you look like you spent hours on it!

Of course, here are the ways my brother styled Enrique. He really did a great job here! Our style compliments each other because my brother is more on details but on the edgy side.




Amazing pose from Enrique! No wonder he's being booked in almost every fashion show!

For more info about Enrique's look, visit my brother's blog at The Metro Lad. He's currently too busy with school right now but I am pretty sure that he'll show off his styling talent soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...