Pages


Wednesday, October 24, 2012

REVIEW: AcneCare (Anti-Acne Complex)


GIRL TALK: It's been quite a while since I last did a product review. Today I'll give you an idea on how to fight acne! AcneCare messaged me through my Facebook fan page and asked if I can do a product review of their latest product. I find the product interesting so I said yes.

Pimples are definitely one of human kind's greatest enemy! Men and women have been constantly looking for ways to prevent acne. Some say it's hereditary and that being prone to acne is in your genes. I'm just so happy that I am one of those who's blessed with somewhat clear skin. I don't have the perfect skin. I get breakouts every now and then especially when I'm about to get my period. For those of you who wants to know how to fight pimple just keep on reading.



It was a month ago since I received this package from AcneCare. Honestly, I haven't heard of AcneCare until they contacted me. I was really skeptical at first if I'm going to do a review or not but I gave it a shot. I think this will be very beneficial to my readers who are really looking for ways to prevent too much acne production.


Because I feel so responsible, I did a little field research as soon I received this AcneCare package. I went to Watson's and asked if they carry this brand. Unfortunately, they don't carry AcneCare anymore but they did before. That made me curious as to what happened to their distribution. Why did Watson's stop carrying the brand? Is it bad? You know, things you ask yourself before using a product. In the first place, we don't want to use something unfamiliar to us but as I read the information that AcneCare sent me I was relieved.


I received three bottles of AcneCare. I haven't used it yet since I'm really afraid. I think I have to talk to my dermatologist first before using this product. You can't blame this lady! I only have one face and I don't want to mess it hahaha :)) Hope you understand. Of course, I want to share facts about this product and maybe I can convince you to talk to your dermatologist too and ask if you can use AcneCare.

Pros:
  • AcneCare is being distributed and sold at Mercury Drug Store. For my non-Filipino readers, Mercury Drug Store is one of the trusted drug store in our country. That alone gave me a big confidence boost for this product.
  • AcneCare is the only dietary supplement, which fights pimples, in the market that is orally taken. 
    • Most products of its kind is either in cream, gel, ointment or in liquid form. We all know that there are people who get acne in their chest, back and, surprisingly, even their behind (if you know what I mean). These areas are hard to reach if you're using a pimple-fighting product in cream form. Those in liquid form limits you to apply the product to your face, neck and chest only. How about if you have pimples at your back? They also tend to, sometimes, trigger more pimple production. We all know that pimples are caused by clogged pores. Imagine using a cream. If you don't know how to apply it properly on your face it might clog your pores. Whoala! More pimples for you, girl! That's just not doing you any good. :(
    • Since AcneCare is taken orally. It goes through your whole system so no need to ask someone to apply a cream on affected areas that's hard for you to reach.
  • It has three main component, which they call Acne3 Complex.
    • Lactoferrin - highest concentration of this component is found in a mother's first milk or what we also call colostrum. It's anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and has some anti-acne properties. I do believe in this one since I'm a mother and even doctors say that a mother's first milk does miracles for a baby's health. It makes their immune system stronger (is that the right term? I don't know but I hope you know what I mean).
    • Linumlife - causes less oil production in your skin so it prevents pimple from coming out as often as it normally does.
    • Zinc - boosts the immune system when taken orally and helps repair broken skin and prevents breakouts.
Con:
  • I am not very familiar with the product. No ads in TV, radio, print or even in Facebook (or am I just not their target market?). This makes me skeptical about using the product right away though it's being distributed in Mercury Drug Store. I don't even see testimonies in forums (or am I just not aware?) and I don't have any friend who recommended this or even mentioned this before.
I haven't checked how much every bottle costs. I will try to update this post once I get the price info. For more information about AcneCare like them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Acnecarebeauty.

FUN PART! I'll be giving this three bottle of AcneCare away to three lucky winners :)! Follow the instructions below and spread the word.


Update:
The winners in my AcneCare giveaway are the following:



Thank you so much for joining and congratulations! Please email your shipping address to fashionbysai@gmail.com

Don't forget to follow me!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...