Pages


Friday, October 26, 2012

Blazers for men

blazers for men fashion article

FASHION BLOG: I know I've been doing a lot of fashion articles about women but this time I want to talk to my guy friends out there. Yes, being a man is not an excuse to not look fabulous. Believe it or not, today's men are so vain and they are really conscious about how they look. Even my husband is one of them. Some call them "metrosexual" but I prefer to call them "stylish men."

I am so fond of fashion but it's not limited to women's fashion. I adore men with a different sense of style. Some men that I really adore includes David Guison, Peter A and even my brother, Ace from The Metro Lad. Actually, even during those days when we're not so modern as what we are today, men has their own kind of fashion. Some are wearing skirts, laces and even hats with feathers. It's just how our norm dictates what's fashionable or not. Today, I'd like to show you some ways on how to wear and style your outfit using your blazer.

We all know that the Yuletide Season is just about 60 days away. We are now experiencing some cold winds at night and houses and establishments are starting to put up their Christmas lights and Christmas trees. This is the perfect time of the year to show off your blazers!

Light-brown-herringbone-h-m-blazer_400

I really adore how career men dress up! If you're one and you want to look stylish in a very effortless way all you have to do is wear your jeans/pants and your polo shirt (depending on your mood or if you want to look very corporate or casual) and just put on your blazer! Believe me, you will look so appropriate in every meeting, seminar and for that moment when your boss wants to speak with you to discuss your promotion (Yey!).

Denim-american-eagle-shirt_400

Denim on denim time! If you're just going out to get some grocery items or if you're going out with your friends, you can slip into your denim jacket like this guy right here.

Fashion Tip: Make sure that your denim jacket is just right for you - not too baggy and not too fit - to rock this simple yet stylish look.

Adidas-originals-shirt_400

Another way to turn your simple jeans-and-shirt outfit is to add some bling into your blazer or jacket. Look for something with studs but don't overdo it or you might look like you borrowed your girlfriend's blazer/jacket. Look for a blazer with a safe color - say black, white or even brown. You can also play along with colors but make sure it's manly enough.

Cubus-pants_400

Now, if you're feeling a little playful you can try playing around with colors of the same family. You can also do color blocking but it takes a lot of technique to make it work. Look at this guy. He wore fashion pieces from the "red family" and layered them all together. You can also play around with colors that are earth tones, neutral tones and what not. 

Fashion Tip: If you're doing this kind of look make sure that you'll wear minimal accessories. Maybe a backpack or one arm bracelet will do. If you're going to wear a lot of accessories, (Boy, oh boy!) you are overdoing it. Your clothes are, basically, an attention-grabber. Know when too much is too much, okay? ;)

Black-royal-elastics-shoes-zara-blazer-versace-for-h-m-shirt_400

Now, if you want to add just a bit of pop in your outfit then using a colored blazer over your somewhat-monochromatic outfit is the best! This is the perfect time to use those blazers that is too loud and that you're (mostly) having problem of what to wear with it.

I know I am not a man but styling is for all gender, right? I'm not an expert too but these are just some tips that I can give you since this is what I've observed on men around me and how they dress up. We all know that men only have the basics while women have a wide range of clothes. Even sleeveless tops have different types. I guess women are just too complicated or should I say "very keen on details." Lucky for you guys because shorts will always be shorts, pants will always be pants and blazers will always be blazers :).

That's it! I hope you find this useful (somehow). If you do, then let me know through your comments below. If you have questions or anything that you want to add to these fashion tips then just drop them in the comments section. Alrighty? ;)

And oh! Don't forget to follow me!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...