Pages


Monday, August 19, 2013

Food Review: Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe

Let's have a little break from beauty and fashion, shall we? The next best thing aside from clothes, accessories and makeup for me would probably be food. I love eating more than cooking but, now that I'm a mom, I should know how to do both at the same time, right? Haha!

Few weeks ago, I was reunited with old pals in the blogosphere - Az and John. I know you know them and it's fun that we get to bond over dinner some times. Wish we can do this more often as these guys are the best!

IMG_2975
After our Penshoppe Fan Con with Mario Maurer and Baifern Pimchanok, Az took us to Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food. I stick to what I know so it's another adventure with friends so I gave it a go. 

IMG_2974
IMG_2978

Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe is located at SM Mall of Asia near IMAX. It was actually my first time to see and dine here. I was once a food blogger and this scene is very familiar. I call it the "freeze moment." Nobody gets to eat his food until photos have been taken. Haha! A little sacrifice for a good food shot for our dear readers.

IMG_2981

I ordered the Xin Wang Hong Kong Stir Fried Noodles. This is actually one of their best sellers and I'm happy I tried it. It really tastes so good. I even shared this with John and Az and even these foodies loved it as well. I also ordered an Iced Tea with Lychee as my drink. I only had these two for dinner but I went home full. Seriously.

Xin Wang Hong Kong Stir Fried Noodles
Xin Wang Hong Kong Stir Fried Noodles

I did not expect that there was some anchovies on top of the noodles. It adds some texture and more flavor to the dish because of its salty flavor. I'm giving this dish a 10/10 as the price is affordable too. 

Xin Wang Hong Kong Stir Fried Noodles
Xin Wang Hong Kong Stir Fried Noodles

As for my drink, who wouldn't love this? I also like their Iced Tea glass/pitcher. It's sooo big. Haha!

IMG_2980

I payed Php305 for everything, which is actually a good deal. You get a beautiful ambiance inside their store, good customer service, nice round table (which I really dig), a cool place to hang out with friends and delicious meals for a price less than Php500. I wish we have this in Cainta as well. I would love my own family to try this. SM MoA is quite far from my place.

IMG_2992

Now, here are the dishes my dates ordered. For John, he ordered this noodle with dumplings on the side. He added more chili sauce on top of the noodles, which was also good. I had a little bite and it drove my crazy! He also ordered two siopaos on the side.

IMG_2982
IMG_2983

Az got a rice meal with pork on top. This was baked with cheese a la Lasagna. Man, it was good! He also ordered chicken feet but I did not ask for a little bite as I don't really eat chicken feet. It looks delicious though.

IMG_2990

I will leave the review to them. So, better check their blogs too to see what they think of these dishes.

You don't mind if I insert a little FOTD/MOTD/OOTD here, right? Here's how I looked upon entering the restaurant. I'm wearing a very light makeup with my favorite earrings from Penshoppe.

IMG_2987
Penshoppe stud earrings

And here's what I looked like after eating. Tummy's so full!

Sai Montes fashion and beauty blogger in the Philippines

What do you think of these meals? Hungry?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...