Pages


Saturday, August 10, 2013

Holika Holika is now in the Philippines


Hello girls! Are you familiar with Holika Holika? It's a Korean makeup brand and, the good news is, it's now here in the Philippines!

I was invited last week for the store blessing and official store launch of Holika Holika at SM Fairview. It was a great experience because aside from the amazing product from Holika Holika, I get to meet new friends and I got the chance to bond with them as well. So, are you ready for my virtual tour of Holika Holika's first branch in the metro?

  

WARNING: Too many photos in this post, which I actually love. I'm a visual person. Teehee!



My good friend, Jonel Uy, with Belinda Valentino, President of Anibela Corporation.



It's so nice to be reunited with Jonel. He's one of my first blogger friends and I'm so glad that, though we don't see each other that much, we still manage to catch up every now and then. *Big grin*

I also saw some familiar faces like the lovely Say Artillero. This is not my first time seeing her (first time was during Jarmaine's Meet and Greet) but this is the first time that we actually bonded. I just love this girl so much. It's nice to know that the person I watch in front of my laptop is now my friend. Bongga!



I also get to meet new friends and, finally, meet my fellow beauty bloggers. I usually interact with them via Facebook and, all thanks to Holika Holika Philippines, I saw them in flesh. 

Let's start with Kira Ramirez. Again, this is not the first time I met her. The first time was during the Lolita Philippines launch. I was so shy to approach her that time so I grabbed this opportunity and talked to her. She's so nice and we have a good bonding moment during the event and in Dona's car too ;)



Erika Jang, the interior designer. Super cool!

n

Carriza Chua, who looks so princess-y durig the event. Love her outfit :)



And Dawn Llanera :) I only get to see her virtually but I'm so happy to meet her (finally!).



This is also the first time that I met Jonel's wife, Marjorie. Hello there pretty M!



Do I look pale in my photos? I intentionally made my look like that. Did not wear any lipstick because I know I'm going to try a bunch at the event :P.

So, here's the fun part. Lurking around and trying out Holika Holika's products. I was really overwhelmed with their line of products. They're so many and so adorable. I love their store layout. Being a marketing professional, I do understand the purpose of their product display at the center of the store. It's really not a big store but Holika Holika managed to arrange everything so well, from their product categories to the cashier and they also have a little room for their beauty consultants to store their personal belongings.

 


Let's start with the makeup section. I love the glowing effect of their makeup counter. It looks so sassy and elegant at the same time. It adds some fairy-like flare to the store's ambiance. The store's overall color is purple but the pink-ish and blue-ish products balanced it.

Here are some of the products that I really find interesting.


Their packing is so nice and unique. It will not only appeal to girls but ladies who love cute items as well (raising my hand). Now, let's zoom in a bit and let me tell you my first impressions on some of their products.

Dessert anyone?


No, they're not real cupcakes but they do look so yummy. These are their 4 varieties of the Holika Holika lip balm. I want to buy all of them but, in my future Holika Holika haul video, you'll see the products I bought during the event. I was really in a tipid mode that time but, what the heck, I work to buy things I want, right? Who's with me? Hahaha!

Holika Holika also have a line of wearable eyeshadows. What do I mean by that? Being a big fan of "day time makeup look," I saw some shades that you can really use every single day! They don't have an eyeshadow quad but in my recent Daytime Eye Makeup Look makeup tutorial I mentioned that you can really pull off a great eye makeup using just two shades of eyeshadows.

 

Beauty blender? Ever heard of it? Well, it's the newest tool you can use to apply your foundation. It's a sponge with a tear-drop shape. What now? Of course! You don't have to spend a lot of money to get a Beauty Blender because you can get one at Holika Holika :) I like the color of this one. It has a swirl of purple on the white part. Look!


Makeup Tip: You can actually survive a day with your curled and long lashes. This will make you look fresh. Curling your eyelashes opens up your eye while putting on a good mascara can emphasize and frame your eyes as well.

Here's an interesting mascara I saw at Holika Holika. The wand intrigued me. Review on this mascara will be up soon.


Look at how cute their lipsticks are! They have a heart-shape tip. Not your usual lippie, indeed!


Because I am considering to re-touch my hair's color that time (all thanks to L'Oreal Professional and Tony and Jackey for my new hair do), I was looking for this. The box also have a guide on what color you'll expect when you apply this on your hair, which is really good. Sometimes, you rely on what the model in the box looks like and expect that you'll get the same color. This time, you will be guided on how the product/color will look based on how dark or light your hair is.



I love how this brow kit has 3 colors from light, medium to dark.




This product is so cute and functional at the same time. For a price of one, you get 4 lip glosses. I tried the coral one and it looks absolutely gorgeous on me ;) It actually made it to Say's vlog here.



Did not try these next products though but they sure grabbed my attention because of their nice packaging.




This eyebrow pencil is something that I really want to buy. The tip looks very interesting as it's slanted. Didn't take a photo of it though since my camera won't focus. Weird. So, this is just what I got.



Eye pencils! I tried all of them but, unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a photo. They are smudge-proof believe me! You can ask Kira and Say about that if you want.



And now, it's time to share my favorite part! I hereby present you Holika Holika's Nail Polish Counter:



I tried some of their nail colors and they are absolutely gorgeous. I even did some quick and easy nail art while everybody's busy trying Holika Holika's makeup line. This is where I spent, maybe, half of my time. Haha! I've been really into nail arts lately and that's probably the reason why.




Lastly, this highlighter kit is so cute, especially with the cat design. I'm not a huge fan of cats but I think this one's a must try.




Whew! That was a lot! Yes, it was pretty tiring to tour around the store and try their products. So, we went to My Thai to eat our lunch, where I get to bond with Carizza, Dawn, Erika, Marjorie and Say - a.k.a. my lunch seat mates haha!

 
 
 
 

I really had an amazing day not only with my newly-found friends but also with Holika Holika! As I mentioned earlier in this post, I bought some products from them and I'll upload a haul video in my beauty channel soon.

I am now leaving you with a class picture. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...